With ever-expanding connectivity to SAP systems from internal (on-premise as well as cloud) and external applications, the risk of cyber threats to SAP systems has increased ten-fold.
Therefore, only securing end-user authorizations is not going to be sufficient to safeguard your SAP landscape from these ever-growing challenges.
Unsecured SAP RFC (Remote Function Call) interfaces have in the past been used for unauthorized breaches of SAP systems. With the number of interfaces increasing, driven by companies’ expanding ecosystems, digitalization programs and by moving to S/4HANA solutions, organizations can no longer ignore one of the most critical security factors in protecting their SAP critical business data.
What are the threats and challenges?
- SAP interfaces – if not safeguarded sufficiently – can be used to breach SAP landscapes and trigger unauthorized changes and manipulation of critical business data.
- A single SAP interface breach can have a domino effect in the network, exposing and endangering the organization’s SAP landscape without leaving much trace.
- It exposes your organization to financial, compliance and reputational risks.
- Insufficient mechanisms to secure and monitor data flow over SAP interfaces can lead to non-compliance with data protection and privacy policies and regulations e.g., GDPR.
We have developed a holistic framework based on an analyze, secure and optimize methodology to safeguard your critical business data in SAP by assessing and remediating the gaps and strengthening the following key components:
What are the benefits?
- Key SAP systems and critical business data are safeguarded against existing and emerging SAP interface threats.
- Automated analysis and monitoring provides you the required level of trust and confidence in your SAP system’s security.
- Compliant audit and regulatory requirements.
- Harmonization of the SAP interfaces resulting in reduction of maintenance costs and efforts across your SAP landscape.